Thursday, November 30, 2006

The Soffits of Madison County

Well here's my first post of any evidence of actual work being accomplished while I'm not forsaking this blog or watching netflix or eating at the OE. (which reminds me I have to ask Heather how she does those cool ass blinks on her site- she's got an Over Easy link, that geek!)

So this was the job that was supposed to ruin my back. All those white rectangles are 4x8 sheets of cement siding. Not as heavy as a PPB would suspect but far from weightless nonetheless. Fortunately I thwarted fate by incapaciting myself doing the setup work- that's the part of the job where you take time to prep things to make the jobsite SAFER. It's not supposed to actually cause the injury.

Anyway that's ancient history and recovery and since then Hugh, Ivan (Boryan's grandfather), and I have heroically finished the work. Notice the daunting 8' overhanging soffit. Those are full sized cement boards hanging 15' above would be sunbathers. Don't worry, we used lots of screws. Put on more sunscreen.

Also featured here is the studio and the original house Maria and Jakub designed and built with help from Ivan and Demeter. It was really nice to finally be able to contribute to their little settlement.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: