Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Re: Cleanliness, Matrimony, Rules

Photographs are against the rules at the Buncombe County landfill so I had to drive away a bit and take sneaky pictures from the cab of my truck. I'm not sure what the consequences of dump photography are but I don't want to piss off the guys driving the giant stuff-crushers. It's good to keep on their good sides b/c they push you out of the muck on rainy days plus they could "accidentally" crush you and leave you for the trash archeologists to find in 100 yrs.

This is totally unrelated but I've decided that keeping the house clean and tidy makes up like 70% of the unwritten marriage contract. The unwritten marriage contract, or UMC, is made up of all the things you never talk about or even think about before getting married that end up being crucial deciding factors of marital bliss or discord. For us tidyness is a big factor. This one's tough for me b/c while I'm predisposed to excel in some spousal departments- handiness, sweetness, loyalty- I am in fact a natural mess maker. I spend my days converting perfectly good lumber into housing and dust. I find extreme comfort in eating crumbly things in bed. I like to organize things on the floor in little piles. Apparently some people (name withheld) find this system messy. Intolerable even.
Landfill-ish. I'd show pictures of the house but it's against the rules to take photographs. Kidding. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tidy is only about 60% of the UMC under section 5-18B.209c. The other 40% is about the toilet seat. There's a special appendix about such things as not making clacking noises with your jaws when you chew food and not cracking your knuckles within earshot of your wife.

speedsquare26 said...

Actually I got a toilet seat waiver of redhibition in the unwritten postnup. It may not be binding, however, b/c I only know a little about real estate law. Luckily name witheld only knows immigration law so I don't think she'll challenge