Friday, November 10, 2006

Jesus was a carpenter

I'm not saying I'm Jesus. We just have some stuff in common, JC and me. Apparently he was a woodworker although I haven't studied the bible to find out if he was a trim carpenter or a framer. I'm pretty sure they didn't stick build back in Jerusalem in the day so he must have been a finisher or perhaps he did olde cabinets or furniture. Anyway, I do know he rose again on the 3rd day in accordance with the scriptures. I too rose again from the near dead on or about the 3rd day in accordance with my need to pay the bills and get the hell back to work. I did get to finish Charles Frazier's new book in 2 days which is like a miracle. Also finished this great and terrible PS2 game GOD OF WAR in about as much time. So here's my advice to you would be followers who pick up silly heavy things and immobilize yourselves: lay low, heat AND ice but first ice, finish a book and a video game, find a yoga Guru (thanks Jackie!!), allow friends and neighbors to pamper you, and beer and ibuprofen are useful palliatives. Thus endith the lesson. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

speedsquare26 said...

Cold Mountain's the best. Has a Christlike hero. A heroine named Ada. Constant references to weaponry. Violent AND a blatant anti-war message. Also it's totally re-readable so your money goes further.

Anonymous said...

I just want to add that the contstant mention of corn pones, biscuits, and grits doesn't make it a bad read either. Oh! And when she goes out to shoot those turkeys...so romantic.